Friday, August 15, 2008

Soy Bean Cookies



Remember the remains that we have left from making soy milk?

I don't really want to throw it away because soy bean is rich in protein and vitamins and can also be a good fiber source. Besides, it tastes good in desserts, too.

So, today I make cookies from it.

Ingredients :

All purpose flour 2/3 cup (sifted)
Sugar or Icing powder 1/2 cup (I use brown sugar instead)
Soy remains 1/3 Cup
Butter 1/2 Cup (I use margarine instead)
1 Egg
Baking soda 1/2 tea spoon
Vanilla 1 tea spoon

Making cookies : Preheat the oven for 350 F


1.
Beat Butter and Sugar together until well blend, add the egg and mix well until it's creamy yellow.

2. Add all the dry ingredients and mix well. (Baking Soda, flour and soy remains) Add vanilla.

3. Drop a spoon full on cookie sheet and leave the space about 1 1/2 inch for each cookie. Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.

Tips : I don't follow the recipe exactly because sometimes the moisture in the soy remain is more, sometime is less. If the dough is too runny, I have to add more flour into it and never use more butter or margarine as the recipe indicated because the cookies will be flat and spread all over the sheet. ( It will not be cookies anymore, he he ) I learned it the first time I have made it. The dough should be firm enough to stay in the shape when we put into the oven. Or else, it's going to be soft and flatten.

No comments: