Thursday, August 14, 2008

Making Soy Milk



A healthy drink which you can make at home. Soy milk. It's easy and fun! Make it your own favorite style.

All you need is :
Soy beans, water, a blender, strainer and cheese clothes

How to :

1. Soak the soy beans in water for at least 6 hours for it to soften.

2. When the beans is ready, put in the blender with water, blend it well and squeeze out the milk with a strainer line with cheese clothe. The less water you put in, the more concentrate the milk is going to be. In my case, I want to make as much milk as I can so I use more water.

3.
When you got the milk, put in a pot and bring to a boil. Stir constantly to prevent it from over boiling. You may add any seasoning as you like. I put pandan leaves (sometimes vanilla), honey and brown sugar in it. It taste so good! It's my night time beverage. Good enough to keep me not hungry at night.

Now you might wonder what you should do with the remains. Keep it in the fridge. I will show you some ideas to use it in the next post ;).

No comments: