Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Cashew Cookies



This is my favorite cookie when I was a child. It is hard to find in my hometown because my province has a lot of seafood but not bakery or dry goods.( it was like...10 years ago ) So, whenever our family to another province in Thailand, my dad always buy me a big pack of these cookies :). I loved it.

Ingredients :

All purpose flour 1 cup
Icing powder 1/2 cup
vegetable oil 2 Table spoon
A pinch of salt
A pinch of baking soda
Crushed cashew nuts 1/4 cup
1 egg

Let's make it :

1. Prepare your tools.
2. Sift all dry ingredients together in a bowl. Add crushed cashew.



3. Pour oil into the bowl and mix it to form a dough if it's too dry, add more oil a little at a time. Don't knead it. Just mix it with your fingers gently like making pie crust.
4. Rest the dough for 5 minutes. Prepare the baking sheet.



5. Roll the dough 1 cm thick and cut into shapes.
Put on baking sheet and decorate with cashew nuts if liked. Beat the egg and brush over each cookie a few coats. Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden yellow.

Let cool before keeping in container :).

No comments: