Monday, July 28, 2008

Change Eating Habit

Summer weather is really hot! Especially in the kitchen where I have to work there everyday. Hot air drains out your energy and makes your skin dry. I put moisturizing cream on my face every few hours.

I must confess to you that I used have a bad eating habit. I love to cook for my family but when they left the food behind, I just have to finish it. I gained weight a little bit and it made me feel heavy in my body. Furthermore, when I was very hungry in the busy time, I just grab a 'ready to eat' snacks or potato chips to eat without hesitation. That is a very bad habit of mine to cook for the others but lazy to cook for myself. From then, I have made a very strong decision to cook something for myself!

Now I make my own meal everyday, at least once a day. I have more energy to work. Even though, sometimes when the restaurant is very busy and I don't have time to cook, I will always have healthy snack to help me through. Now I have stock many healthy snacks in my pantry. Eating less but more frequently during the day really helps me get going and less tired.

Anyone would like to join me in this journey? If you know that you have an eating habit that needs improvement in some way. You can start it today ! You will feel more healthy and have more energy. Your brain will be more effective and your mood will become more stable. This is what I keep as a commitment to myself to do everyday.

1. Start the morning with a big glass of water. Drink as much as you can but don't force yourself. I try to drink a lot of water everyday, every time I can think of.

2. Always eat breakfast. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Your day will be smoother with more energy.

3. Eat when hungry and if you crave some snack or sweet, choose something more healthy with nutrition. For example, choose bakery instead of a bag of potato chips (Which has MSG in it).

4. Build a habit of enjoying fruits and vegetables in anyway that you can. Add vegetables in your meal at least once a day,or have some of your favorite fruit during the day.


Strawberry and grapes in summer is very sweet and juicy. Delicious! I dip in brown sugar. It's my favorite treat. >>

To tell you the truth, I also have likes and dislikes in some kind of fruit, too. I don't eat fresh orange so much because when I was young, my mother always fed me with orange juice too much that I don't want to have it for the rest of my life. ha ha ha My father told me that if I don't try to like what I hate, I might have some disease for lacking of nutrition. As I grow up, I know that and can eat other fruit that I like and get the same vitamins! So I don't have to force myself now. he he

PS. I do drink orange juice sometimes though, just occasionally but it is not my favorite anymore.

No comments: